Saturday, August 16, 2008

Its Time!

I know it has been a long time since my last entry (here you go Mollie), but nothing has really happened since a month ago. But it is now time, I will be leaving in 8 days. That is if everything comes through. I have had a little difficulty with the payment for my visa, which will possibly delay my departure date (not a big deal, it happens all the time). But with any luck it will come through within a week, and I wont have any problems.

I bought my luggage, and I have been thinking a lot about what I need to take and what can stay behind. It is a little frightening to think that I have to pack  4 months of my life into a VERY small piece of luggage. If you know me at all, you know that I like my clothes........ and I like A LOT of them. We will see how that process goes.

So, in my last week here in the states I find myself looking forward and trying my best to keep my composure. Everything seems to be ending, but at the same time, my life is beginning. I finished my last day at work, I am packing, planning, studying, taking pictures, and taking in my last days as a resident of Union, Maine. 
My life will never be the same after this moment. 

And in the words of Martha Stewart:
Its a good thing.

1 comment:

Aunt Donna said...

This must be an exciting yet scary time for you. I have every confidence that you will meet with success in France. Your winning personality will afford you many new friendships. Take every opportunity, seize every moment, and above all enjoy yourself.
Love you,
Aunt Donna