Friday, August 22, 2008

It has arrived!

YAY! Here is the update on the visa! My mother and I got in the car at about 5:15 Wednesday morning knowing that the Consulate opened at 9. We drove down and had no problems what so ever, until……. Well let’s just say we ended up on the WRONG St. James Street. The trusty old GPS sent us to St. James Ave. in Roxbury. But with some quick problem solving we made our way to the correct place and found the building that the Consulate is in.

Fast forward about 20 minutes, we had given them all of our information, and they told us that my visa would be ready by Friday at 3pm. Which was very good, but we couldn’t get back to Boston on Friday. So we gave them an overnight envelope with our address on it, and they said that they would mail it at 3pm on Friday.

We comfortable with our decision for about 20 minutes (its about 10:30 by now) and then started to get nervous about the US Mail Service, and what if they didn’t put it in the mail on time. So on the way back home we decided not to leave it up to fate (too risky), so we called the Union postmaster, the Rockland postmaster, and anyone who could help. When I got home I had to leave within the next hour to get on a plane to head out to Matinicus for 2 days to visit a teacher (thank you BB, Ali and I had a blast!). So my mother, being the amazing woman that she is, is on the phone with a senators office, a woman she knew who worked in the office building across the street from the consulate building, and anyone who could help. My father was constantly checking the postal service website to track the envelope.

Friday morning comes around and my father gets a call at 7:38 AM, it is the Union postmaster letting us know that the envelope has arrived in Union! My dad calls my mother and then me. Lets just say I sat upright in bed when my teacher told me. I was, and still am, beyond pumped. It was the best news ever.

So I would like to thank EVERYONE who sent good thoughts my way, who talked to my mother and I on the phone, and anyone who helped out in anyway what so ever. It was a great help and we really appreciated it. Because of you, I’m going to FRANCE!

No comments: