Sunday, November 16, 2008

Geneva

So this past weekend I got to visit the center of the world. Geneva is home to the United Nations, and almost every other world organization. The Jette d’Eau (jet of water), every single watch company, and some of the best chocolate in the world.
It was the first time I had traveled alone on the trains. Nothing exciting happened, on the way there or on the way back (at least not yet, I am still on the train back home). I was going to visit a childhood friend who I was involved in 4-H with.

It was nice to be with someone who was having a similar experience as I was. It was great to share stories, and relate on a level that I really can’t do with my other friends here. We stayed up till 2:30 AM just talking about our experiences, and adventures.
The first day, we had brunch with a couple friends, we all made some great food and just hung out. After that I got a tour of the city, which is about the same sixe as Rennes is. I bought some chocolate for my host mother, got me some stickers, and of course took as many pictures as I possibly could. That night we made some food, talked, and then went out to a nice bar and had a beer with some more friends. It was so much more relaxed and sophisticated then Rennes will ever be. Rennes is a student city and therefore very dirty, aggressive, straight forward, and basically drunk; which I hate. So it was a nice change.

That night we stayed up and watched Grey’s Anatomy online, which is one of my favorite shows that I haven’t had enough time to keep up with while being in France.

And then the next morning walked around some more, and then I hoped on a train to head back home! Over all, a very fun, and relaxing weekend. And I feel so lucky to of had a chance to go and visit the city and the country!

No comments: